Owner Builder

defects report / 137b report

Owner Builder Inspections

Renovating can do wonders for your property value. However, it comes with obligations if you intend to sell your home within 6.5 years of completing your building works. By law, you need to have your renovations and alterations inspected and an Owner Builder Defects Report completed (also known as a 137B report). The report forms part of your Section 32 documents.

At Urban Property Inspections, we understand that a Defects Report can be an unpleasant surprise when you’re ready to sell. So we try and make the process as easy as possible. We will check your work – whether that’s a deck, pergola, fence or complete house – and prepare the report on our custom-built iPad inspection app. We can then send the report straight to your conveyancer if need be.

Click here to download your free sample report.

For more information on what’s required for Owner Builders, check out the Building Commission or Consumer Victoria, where there is a wealth of material available:

Building Commission: www.buildingcommission.com.au

Consumer Affairs Victoria: www.consumer.vic.gov.au

and then give us a call on 1300 071 283 or email us and we can help you finalise your sale.

new home inspection stages