Why do you need to book inspections at all five stages of construction?
June 23, 2017
You’ve bought your land, the contract is signed and colour selections have been finalised. Making sure you understand the construction process is your next step and that’s where Urban Property Inspections can help. It’s always wise to have an independent property inspector with sound building knowledge and experience, to guide you through this important time.
We can offer inspections for the five key stages of construction:
- Base Stage
- Frame Stage
- Lock-up/ Pre-Plaster
- Fixing Stage
- PCI/ Final Handover
We often get asked if it’s necessary to engage us for all five stages. So we thought we’d put together a list of why it’s important to book for all five.
- Your Inspector will check the workmanship at each particular stage. If they find poor workmanship at one stage, you can be assured that they will check it again at the next stage to ensure that it’s been rectified.
- Any issues can be identified early on in the process (i.e. from Base Stage) and dealt with straight away. If you don’t have inspections throughout the construction process and find issues in the later stages, any problems may become more prominent and costly to fix.
- You can be assured that your inspector is working for you and acting on your behalf. They will see the construction process through from the start to the very end.
- Your inspector will check that the build is proceeding in accordance with the Australian Standards. Our reports are based on the Guide to Standards and Tolerances 2015. This guide is a reference for acceptable standards of workmanship in domestic building construction.
- The five stages are designed to coincide with your progress payment schedule so they can also trigger notification for payment instalments.
- Usually, we find that clients who engage us for all five inspection stages have less concerns and problems throughout the duration of the build.
- Following each inspection, your inspector will give you a call and provide a verbal summary. So you will have an update on each stage throughout the construction process to keep you up to date with the progress.
- We can offer you a discount package if you engage us for four or five stages of construction inspections. Contact our team on 1300 071 283 or click here to submit a free online quote.
Let us be your independent guide throughout your new house build and give you that peace of mind. For further information on the process, please read our article here: New House Construction: The 5 Key Stages.